Monday, February 25, 2013

Letter from February 25, 2013

Well all the libraries across Las Vegas had their computers down this morning and so my time to email won't be very long today. Elder Ririe and I received phone calls from our mission president and the assistants this week informing us about transfers. Elder Ririe is leaving our area and going out to Mesquite where he was called to be Zone Leader over our largest Zone in the mission. I'm going to be staying in the area and I will be training a new missionary who we go to pick up in about an hour. My companion spent all morning packing and I spent my time helping him and preparing for the new missionary. I'm pretty excited about training but a little nervous as well. From what I've heard and observed your trainer has a pretty big impact on how you spend the rest of your mission from the beginning to the end. I glad the mission president is giving me this opportunity and I'm planning to do a pretty good job.

   So I guess there won't be much to say about my new companion until next week but I'm really going to miss my current companion. This week was pretty slow in terms of work and we didn't receive any new investigators. We did however receive a pretty solid referral in our singles ward when we went on splits with a member in the ward. We went over with him to one of the sisters in the ward and were just saying hi and asked if she had anyone she had been sharing the gospel with. She told us that she did and had been inviting a friend to activities and agreed to set up a dinner with us all so that we could get to know her friend better. I'll let you know next week how it goes and if we were able to get a return appointment.
   Our lesson with Joseph was good but some complications came up with his living situation and we have to postpone his baptism for a bit. A lot of our investigators kinda went off the radar for the past couple of weeks but this first week with my new companion should be really good and I can't wait to tell you how it all goes.
   Wow!!! So many changes are happening and I can't believe they are splitting the Denver North Mission. I know some people from Las Vegas who are serving in the Denver North Mission right now. I also know a kid from our ward who left last week for the Dallas Texas Mission named Jared Hammond so maybe he'll serve around Parker Ericson. Sorry to hear that you weren't able to have your snow day...Ha we are still enjoying weather in the 70's and 80's here in Vegas. Hope everything else is going well! I love you,
Elder Keller Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment