Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Letter from September 5, 2012

Well it would seem I have lots of questions to answer (which I guess comes with the territory of being a missionary) but I'll start by saying that this has been the best start of a week I could ask for! This last week was stressful and sluggish. Our week was filled with meetings and slowed due to the lack of access to a car then to make matters worse our two golden investigators gave us a scare going into the baptism! After finding out they would have to be interviewed by our mission president I had an extremely hard time sleeping at night. I woke up three to four times throughout the night thinking about them and whether or not we would still be able to baptize them. I'm very happy to say that all went well and we baptized the couple into the church on Saturady as planned!!! The mission preident then came to the confirmation on Sunday which I perfromed and was terrified about. As if confirming and blessing a family in front of an entire ward isn't nerve racking enough, having the mission president next to you as you do your first is beyond terrifying! I'm so thankful that I was able to confirm them though and feel much more confident moving forward.
Now to this amazing week!!! Monday we weren't able to write home since the library was closed for Labor day so we recieved permission to write home on Tuesday which ended up being such a busy day I couldn't write until today. Monday was a good day for us in which we set some more lessons and found new investigaors. Then the reason why Tuesday was so busy that I didn't have time to write home was because every second of the day was so packed with blessings we forgot ourselves and really got lost in the work. We began the day with a great district meeting where we made new goals for the following weeks and month. After the meeting we went home, had lunch, and began to unload the bikes we had been borrowing from our car. As we unloaded my companion overheard a lady nearby us speaking on the phone in a foreign lanuage. As he listened he soon realized that she was speaking Romanian which happens to be where my comanion was born and a language which he knows well. She began to walk away and as she did soon found my companion chasing her down to have an entire conversation in Romanian and invited her out to church on Sunday. We then continued to have a good day as we finally got a hold of Alex Mark who let us into his home to teach the first lesson to him and answer any questions he had. Following our visit with Alex we meet with Keanu's family in which we recieved even more exciting news. Keanu's older sister informed us that she has been thinking about being baptized finally and so we set her with a date as well as with appointments in which we hope she will also bring her boyfriend to. She then told us that her dad has also been thinking about baptism and wants to be able to baptize his youngest daughter when she turns 8 in November! What an amazing blessing it'll be to have their entire family baptized and active in the gospel of Christ. Finally to end the day we had dinner with the Hawker family in which it turns out Brother Hawker was raised in Burley Idaho and knows the Beck family! It was a great day and great start of the week and I can't wait to see how the rest of the week unfolds. Now to answer some of your questions, yes we do have another set of missionaies in our apartment and the four of us actually all sleep in the same room with our mattresses lining the walls going in a circle around the room. It's a tight fit but i'm so thankful to have other people with whom I can talk to and keep us all on the same page. Also no worries I have been using my personal time each night to write in my journal and have yet to miss a day we just use the last couple of minutes to play a quick game before we hit the sack. Thank you for the package you sent I just got it yesterday! As for that picture that's one of my friends from Idaho and as we had dinner with her family I also found out that one of my other college friends is in the same ward that my roommates are over. It really is crazy how many connections you make with people in the Mormon community.
 I'm so happy to hear that you guys are keeping busy and really wish I could have been there for one of dad's rocket launches (which I have yet to see). Tell Daniel happy birthday for me and if you could get me a list of everyones age's, and birthdays that'll really help me out! haha Sounds like football is going well and I can't wait to hear some more stories about it and about school. Have Harris write me more about his Eagle project and send me some pictures! I'm so proud of him and still think it's crazy that he'll be in my shoes before he knows it. I was telling Anna the other day that it's crazy how fast the mission is already going by. I hit my one month mark in the field tomorrow, and my two month mark for the mission in just two weeks! Oh and tell dad that the Warburton family who we just baptized are life members at front sight and think that we should all go together after my mission and get to know you guys. Well I can't wait to tell you guys how this week wraps up and the progress that we make. I love hearing your stories and wish I had more time to write.
Love you,
Elder Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment