Monday, August 6, 2012

E-mail from August 2, 2012

Hey!!!!
Greetings from the MTC! The count down until I arrive in Las Vegas is now down to less than a week! Well just so you know I am allowed to print my emails out here at the MTC but my next P-Day I'll be in Vegas already and we will luckily have more time to email our families! I thank all of you guys for your prays and support. I have continued to grow spiritually here at the MTC and I feel very prepared to go and serve the people of the Las Vegas West mission. It sounds like the Olympics are exciting and while I wish I could be home watching them with you guys their is plenty of work here to keep me preoccupied. I'm sorry if I'm slow with getting back to some people but just about every second of my day here is packed so I make the best of the few minutes I have on Prep Day to write my letters and emails. Well today was the first day that we were able to go to the Provo temple since they reopened it and it was a great way to start the day! I love the spirit that the temple can bring even on our so called "free day" even tho we all know it's not really a free day since we have agreed to give everyday of the next two years to serving the Lord. We had a great devotional in the evening by Rex Pinegar who used to be the president of the 70. In it he shared many stories from his time as a mission president and left us all with new energy to go and serve the best missions we can! My district all got front row seats to the devotional and were very happy that we had waited the hour and a half to do so! The MTC really has been a great experience but I can't wait till monday morning when we get to step foot in the airport and begin to teach the gospel. Here we tend to be pretty sheltered from what's happening on the other side of the gates, but once we step foot in the airport I want to really hit the ground running. I can't wait to meet my new senior companion in the field who will train me. All my teachers so far here in the MTC have been awesome and I really couldn't have asked for much more. Just the other week one of them shared with us some pretty neat information about the english missions. He was telling us how blessed the English speaking missionaries are to have the newest remodeled building on campus since originally they were building it for the spanish speaking missionaries. After they finished the building the brethren of the church switched it to being for the English missionaries because of events that are going to happen over the next few years. He said that the brethren of the church see a huge increase in the need for English missionaries in the near future and the work that they will be doing and as a result they are giving us access to all of the best equipment here.....which means new classrooms, desks, computers, and HUGE FLATSCREEN TV's! Ah YEAH!!! haha well I can't wait to see what my mission holds in store for me, and I'm so grateful to be able to serve at this time in history! I love all you guys and wish the best!
Elder Keller Reeves

No comments:

Post a Comment